After interviewing 200 witnesses and reviewing more than 300,000 pages of documents relating to the Russia investigation, the Senate Intelligence Committee found no “direct evidence” that President Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia in the 2016 election.
Although the evidence shows there was no collusion, Democrat Adam Schiff of California vows that he will continue investigating President Trump until he finds a crime and will leave “no stone unturned” and will even subpoena President Trump’s tax returns. This is a total abuse of power.
In response to this, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy took to his blog and released multiple questions for Schiff.
Here is what he said:
“Chairman Schiff stated in March of 2017, he had evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and that his ‘evidence’ was more than circumstantial but not quite direct. To date Chairman Schiff has produced no evidence to support that claim.”
- Along with this Aspen Security Forum meeting, how many other meetings did Chairman Schiff have with Mr. Simpson over the past three years?
- What did Chairman Schiff and Mr. Simpson discuss at the Aspen Security Forum meeting, along with any other meetings?
- Why did Chairman Schiff go to such great lengths, including supporting Chuck Schumer’s former staffer who was representing Mr. Simpson – even going to court – to keep secret who was behind paying for the political attack piece on then candidate Trump?
- Why did Chairman Schiff seek investigatory guidance and suggestions from Mr. Simpson, a witness whose credibility has been called into question but whose bias is unmistakably anti-Trump?
- If Chairman Schiff is really interested in who provided false or misleading testimony to Congress, why not start with Mr. Simpson?
- Given Chairman Schiff’s previous underlying rationale when calling for others to recuse themselves from Russia-related investigations, in order to avoid charges of hypocrisy or perceived bias, should Chairman Schiff recuse himself from his intended investigations after meeting with a witness of an ongoing investigation?Schiff has not yet responded to these questions.Here is what else McCarthy had to say.
“In addition, Chairman Schiff and House Democrats went to great lengths to keep investigators from finding out Fusion GPS was hired by a law firm at the direction of the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton Campaign. Investigators ultimately had to go to court to secure access to who was behind the still unvetted Steele Dossier. Chairman Schiff obstructed and opposed efforts to identify the funding behind the salacious, still unverified report.”
It’s no secret that Adam Schiff is a corrupt swamp rat, but it’s deeply disturbing that we have a Democrat in congress who will abuse power to find a “crime” on President Trump even though no evidence of Russian collusion was found. It’s also disturbing how Schiff will do whatever he can in his power to hide the crimes of Hillary Clinton.
Schiff has also been under a lot of heat for his meeting with Glenn Simpson. Back in the summer of 2018, Schiff claims that he had a “chance encounter” with with Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson.
Check out what the Daily Wire reported.
McCarthy also wrote that Schiff sought input from Simpson during his testimony on where to take the investigation into Trump. It appears Schiff has taken direction using claims from Simpson. In March 2018 — months after Simpson testified — Schiff released a list of witnesses he wanted to speak to about the Russia probe. On that list was Cleta Mitchell, a former NRA attorney who hadn’t worked for the organization for years. Her name was mentioned as someone who was apparently concerned with the NRA’s Russia ties. The person who claimed Mitchell had concerns? Simpson, according to handwritten notes by Bruce Ohr, the Justice Department official heavily involved in the investigation and with Fusion GPS (Ohr’s wife worked for Fusion).
When former Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes didn’t disclose meetings with the White House, Schiff demanded that Nunes recuse himself. McCarthy states that he believes this same standard should be applied to Schiff himself because he failed to disclose the meeting he had with Simpson.
What are your thoughts? Comment below….